walking in the mountains has become one of the most popular outdoor activities. Gone with the previous image of an eccentric pastime oddly dressed old men dressed in woolly hats, studded boots, corduroy pants and a tweed jacket. Modern outdoor clothing is actually a multi-million pound business, which is often more to do with a fashion and practical use.
cutting preverbal sucks and fashion press on one side, allows you to get a real look at what is needed for a pleasant day in the mountains. The next ten items are essential, not only the convenience, but the actual survival, and safety.
(1) Warm clothing is – base layer : – The shirt or T-shirt, under wear and socks. (A thin lining thicker socks and walking socks) Mid layer : – Fleece or top. Pants or shorts in the summer (do not wear jeans, hold water and freeze you in winter. Cotton keeps moisture to avoid. Synthetic fabrics such as polyester, do not hold moisture and dry much faster.) Outer layer : – (. Breathable best comfort) waterproof jacket Waterproof pants, hats, gloves. Sun hat in the summer.
(2) shoes – Season 2 Summer boots, they are lightweight, waterproof, slightly flexible and good ankle support. boots winter season 3-4, their hard, hard soles that can take crampons, waterproof, strong ankle support. Avoid shoes without ankle support. Educators in winter or wet grass can be fatal.
(3) backpack – 25 to 35 liters backpack ideal as a day bag. Choose one that is a breathable back, hip band adjustable shoulder straps. The more money to pay for more features in the package will be. For example, rod-pocket, camel pack compartment water tank and water-resistant outer shell. Do not carry unnecessary things in the bag, otherwise you start to regret bring the desired weight of the bag
(4) map and compass – in the UK, Explorer maps ideal They offer excellent detail and clarity to follow. Try to pick up a detailed map of the approximately two and a half inches to the mile, they show, fences and walls that can help guide lines to follow. Unless the laminated map, keep it waterproof case. Maps disintegrate when wet. There are various compass in the market, but try to get the one that the needle is suspended in a liquid, such as a compass Silva. The important factor is to learn how to use the Compass and read before venturing onto the hills of the map. Do not rely on a GPS device. Always a map and compass.
(5) Safety devices: – Whistle, flashlight spare battery (LEDs last longer) First aid kit, Bivvy bag and a spare laces. (They can be used either boots or tie a broken strap) rope when dealing with any rock climbing or crossing streams and rivers. Ice ax winter.
(6) enough food and drink of the day: – Water or fruit drinks (hot or cold) Avoid tea or coffee can help dehydration. NOT TAKE alcohol. Alcohol dries out then this will help not only to the effects of hypothermia very quickly. Easily digestible foods to get the energy of the system is much faster. Bananas and dried fruits are a better source of blood sugar, then chocolate.
(7) Design your path: – Plan your walk and you need to use an alternative route if the weather is bad. Do not take more, you can cope. Let's start with a simple walk, and build skills for some time. Built escape routes to walk, if conditions worsen. Tell someone where you are going and what time waiting to return. Leave a note in the glove compartment of the car. (If the car is still in the parking lot after several days and comes to attention to the emergency services, and at least one route takes the car to give them work on something.)
(8 ) Check the weather forecast – do not leave it to chance. Always check the weather before you go prospect a few days. Avoid extreme weather conditions such as high winds and lightning. The first thunder get down . Can you survive getting wet, but it is unlikely to survive a lightning strike. If you are caught out crouch down on the floor or backpack at the lowest point you can, do not expect anything metal, and wait for the storm to pass.
(9) Convenience: – Use a liner sock under a thick socks. This will help reduce the blisters, which, if you do not know the day miserable. Do not try going out new boots, break them first. Take a packet of tissues is essential for personal moments.
(10) Be prepared: – have a good night sleep last night. Avoid a beer in the evening. There will be very dehydrated and tired very quickly. There is a good breakfast before. If you're not that worried that the latest outdoor clothing patterns or syles.
Look at the different discount or outlet stores, who often provide you with first-class equipment at rock bottom prices. Do not skimp on the vital tools – eg. Boots, safety equipment, maps, compass, waterproof. They're just save your life . Most of all, enjoy the experience. The non-persistence, or taking your body to the limit. This is about finding petranquillity, becoming one with nature, enjoying the company of his companions, and all that good night in the pub afterwards to boast solar activity, or sitting around the campfire to the early hours of reliving those great moments in the mountains.